Update: you must have IOS 8.0 (came out 9/14) or later on your iPhone to support the app.The freebie coupons exp. 8/31.
Download the new Hannaford app on your smart phone to save 2% on Hannaford brand items which includes produce, meat, deli & Hannaford bakery plus clip 15 coupons for FREE items!
Each persons free items will be different but the 15 coupons seem to be worth around $50. Clip the coupons in the app and after all the items are scanned have your cashier scan your barcode from the app and the 15 items will come off the total. There is also a $5.50/$5.50 coupon available to clip.
The 2% you will save each time you scan your card will accumulate and then the app will let you know when you can periodically redeem the money towards more groceries, about every three months.
My store was out of Arnold Country Bread, Annie's Cereal and I couldn't find the Chobani Yogurt 2 pack, but those would have been free too. I should be able to get them before the coupons expire on 8/31.
I used the $5.50/$5.50 coupon towards to the spinach and nectarines.
To get the free items:
1. Download the Hannaford app on your phone. If you already have a Hannaford account you just update your info or create an account if you don't have one.
2. Clip the freebie coupons. There should be 15. There's also a $5.50/$5.50 coupon.
3. Purchase items.
4. Have cashier scan the bar code from your phone, it looks like this. Click on the small orange grocery bag icon where it says "My Hannaford Rewards" on the very bottom of the screen:
5. Prices of items will be deducted = FREE.
6. Scan your barcode each time you shop at Hannaford to accumulate the 2% savings.
Update: If you don't see the freebie coupons maybe try waiting (one reader had them show up a few hours after she downlaoded the app) or delete the app and re download it. The app is new so it may have a few glitches, it seems to be working for most people though.